Cosmetic Eye Surgery
Turn back the clock…
Getting older can take its toll on our appearance and our eyes are often the first features that truly reflect our age
The skin and muscles surrounding our eyes begin to loosen and sag making them look tired and heavy, potentially adding years to the face.
Smoking, diet, sun damage, heredity and medication can also accelerate the natural ageing process.
At iSIGHT, we can help to turn back the clock and help you achieve the look you desire. We offer a number of techniques including Blepharoplasty (Eye bag removal), Ptosis, Dermal fillers and Botox.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is the removal and adjustment or repositioning of excess skin and fatty tissue. It can be carried out on both upper and lower lids. We believe you should never look different after an eyelid lift. Rather, more youthful and rested.
Upper lid blepharoplasty surgery
The incisions are generally made along the natural crease of the skin where they are hidden and where they heal best. Excess skin and fatty tissue are then removed and muscle is adjusted.
Lower lid Blepharoplasty surgery
There are four elements to lower lid Blepharoplasty , skin, muscle, fat and eyelid laxity. The procedure is tailored to suit your condition after a detailed consultation with your surgeon. Incisions are usually completely hidden inside the eyelid so no one can ever tell you had surgery. It causes minimal swelling and no visible scar. It eliminates loose skin and fine wrinkles in the lower lids and reduces puffiness and bags under the eyes
We often perform a more natural blepharoplasty by preserving the fat that was bulging and creating the bags, then re-position that fat pad into the hollow area. We use your own fat to create a smooth contour.
Benefits of Blepharoplasty
- Your eyes will feel lighter, more refreshed and look more youthful
- They will maintain their natural shape
- There will be no obvious scarring
- The most suitable candidates are those in good health Non smokers
- no serious eye conditions
- psychologically stable
- realistic expectations of the outcome
- typically early 40's
- male or female
Benefits of having surgery at iSIGHT
- Our hospital conforms to all the stringent standards imposed by the Care Quality Commission
- We are proud of our low infection rates which are monitored continually
- Excellent Clinical / visual outcomes
- Exceptional patient care
- We provide clear,concise and straightforward information to all our patients
- Blepharoplasty is offered as a fixed package with no hidden extras.
- It includes follow ups, medication and dressings to discharge.
Why Choose Us?
- Not all hospitals are the same..
- We are a Consultant led practice and we only treat eyes
- All of our high calibre team are on the specialist register of the GMC.
- We believe that Consultant delivered care gives you the best possible clinical outcome
What is eyelid ptosis?
Eyelid ptosis is a drooping of the upper eyelid. It is usually caused by detachment of the muscle, which raises the eyelid. This may be due to ageing, trauma, contact lens wear or eye surgery. It may also be present at birth. You may be aware of droopy eyelids. This may affect your vision and you may notice that you are raising your eyebrows to lift your eyelids. This may in turn cause tiredness of your forehead muscles and extra forehead wrinkles.
Surgery can produce a refreshed appearance of the eyelids and help to overcome the tired look to that eyelid, and eyebrow ptosis. There are several different procedures and at your first consultation Mr. McCormick will discuss which one is most suitable for you. The choice of operation depends mainly on whether you were born with the problem or if it developed later in life and how much the eyelid has drooped.
Many operations are carried out under local anaesthetic without sedation. After anaesthetic drops have been put/instilled into both eyes, an injection of local anaesthetic is given just beneath the skin of the upper eyelid. This is similar to dental anaesthesia and usually takes less than 30 seconds to give.
What are the benefits of surgery?
- The operation should lift the eyelid so that it is easier to see from that eye.
- This may improve not only your field of vision but also near and distance vision.
- There will also be a cosmetic improvement by making the eyelids more symmetrical.
Botox and Dermal Fillers
Generally, Botox is best to treat glabella lines (forehead lines between the eyebrows), crow's feet around the eyes, and some frown lines.
Dermal fillers are popular treatments for wrinkles and facial lines. A dermal filler procedure helps to 'fill out' and smooth away troublesome:
- Nose to Mouth Grooves
- Forehead Lines
- Frown Furrows
- Lipstick Lines
- Acne Pits
- Crows Feet
Dermal fillers are also effective for increasing fullness to narrow lips and enhancing sunken cheeks.
Your consultant will discuss with you the best course of treatment for your desired outcome.